DURATION1 year (full time) 2 years (part time)
MSc Applied Mathematics
The curriculum consists of:
A dissertation and such additional research work as may be prescribed by the Departmental Head.
Master’s degree studies consist of a guided research project that must be submitted in the form of a dissertation at the end of the study period.
Please note: Admission to the master’s programme is subject to approval by the Department’s Higher Degrees Committee.
At least 65% average in Applied Mathematics Honours modules or an equivalent qualification at an equivalent standard.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the NRF bursaries, https://www.nrf.ac.za/content/nrf-postgraduate-scholarships-full-time-studies-2020
- Students can also apply for the UJ post-graduate funding opportunities.
- Students can also apply for the UJ Faculty of Science top-up bursary through the supervisor(s)
- Students can also apply for the UJ Faculty of Science merit bursary through the supervisor(s)
- Students can also apply for the UJ MD Nagraadse Beurs through the supervisor(s)